HOURLY RATE: $30
My rate is $30 per hour that I work for you. I bill in 1-minute increments, so you only pay for what you get.
SAMPLE RATE FOR MEDIUM-SIZED WEBSITE: $600 to $900
Simple website design for a medium-sized website (approximately 5 to 10 pages) generally takes from 20 to 30 hours (this could include website registration and setting up your website host). This is $600 to $900 at my $30 rate.
OTHER COSTS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT:
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION: websites usually charge about $10 per year for this (I don’t charge anything other than my hourly rate to register the domain for you).
WEB HOSTING: websites usually charge between $3 to $25 per month for this. I generally use HostGator, which has proven the most reliable out of every host I’ve seen: with HostGator, my website and e-mail servers have never gone down. Their server speed is also the best I’ve used. HostGator charges $7.95 per month. (Again, I don’t charge anything other than my hourly rate to set up the web hosting for you).
FEES FOR CHANGES: I charge $30 per hour for any future changes or updates. However, if I setup your site using WordPress, I can tell you how you can make changes yourself in the future!
WORDPRESS TEMPLATE: I generally use Elegant Themes WordPress templates when creating websites (they are easy to use and save time and money in the design stage). I have purchased a website design license with Elegant Themes, so you can choose any of their themes for your site at no additional cost. These classy, pre-designed templates save hours of time in the website design phase, and make it very easy for you to make small changes in the future.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDED IN MY HOURLY RATE
After the initial consultation, if you decide to work with me, I will bill $30 per hour for the following types of duties (if there is anything on this list that you don’t need done, then you won’t be billed for it):
- Time spent communicating with you about your website (usually by phone or e-mail).
- Time spent registering your domain name and setting up your site host. I recommend HostGator for their affordable prices and reliable service.
- Time spent developing a logo for your site.
- Time spent finding free stock images to use on your site.
- Time spent editing and revising content for your site: I have spent 4+ years as a copywriter and editor.
- Time spent formatting images in Photoshop for your site.
- Time spent adding WordPress to your site: I absolutely prefer designing sites with WordPress.
- Time spent designing your website with HTML, PHP and CSS.
- Any additional website design services that you may request.